Municipal and School Board Elections are October 15, 2016
The preliminary lists of electors have been prepared for the upcoming elections. The returning officer may make additions or corrections to the lists upon application by telephone, fax, email, mail or in person. Electors may find out if they are on the list of electors by:
- Visiting the municipal office between the hours of 9:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. from August 2nd to August 19th, at the Municipal Building, 285 Beech Hill Road, Antigonish.
- Contacting the returning office between the hours of 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. from August 2nd to August 19th.
Contact information for returning officer, Linda Arsenault:
Tel: 902 863-6182
Fax: 902 863-5751
You will be asked for your name, your address and your date of birth.
ELIGIBILITY TO VOTE
Under the Municipal Elections Act (s.14), a person entitled to be registered on the list of electors and to vote in a municipal election must:
- be 18 years or older and a Canadian citizen on the first advance polling day;
- is a Canadian citizen on the first advance polling day;
- have been ordinarily resident in the Province for a period of 6 (six) months immediately preceding the first advance polling day; and
- is ordinarily resident in the municipality or in an area annexed to the municipality and to have been so since immediately before the first advance polling day.
FIRST ADVANCE POLLING DAY WILL BE HELD ON SATURDAY, OCTOBER 8TH, 2016.
–Linda Arsenault, Returning Officer