The next municipal election in Nova Scotia will take place on October 17, 2020.
The Returning Officer is Linda Arsenault. If you have any questions about the Municipal Election, she can be reached at 902-318-7840 or firstname.lastname@example.org
MUNICIPAL AND CSAP SCHOOL BOARD ELECTIONS
The Municipal and School Board elections will be held on Saturday, October 17th, 2020. Electors may vote between 8:00 am and 7:00 pm at the locations listed below or at the advance poll.
The ADVANCE POLLS will be held on Saturday, the 10th of October, 2020 and on Tuesday, the 13th of October, 2020 between the hours of 12:00 noon and 8:00 pm.
ADVANCE POLL LOCATIONS:
Districts 2 and 4
Municipal Administration Centre
285 Beech Hill Road
St. Paul’s Parish Centre (church basement)
1470 Cape Jack Road
Conseil scolaire acadien provincial (CSAP) Election Information
Who can vote in Municipal Elections?
You qualify to vote if you meet all of the following conditions:
- You are 18 years of age or older and a Canadian citizen on the fist advance polling day;
- You have been ordinarily resident in Nova Scotia for 6 months immediately before the first advance polling day;
- You are ordinarily resident in the Municipality of the County of Antigonish and have been so since immediately before the first advance polling day; and
- You are not otherwise disqualified to vote in the Municipal elections.
More information about advance polling dates will be available soon.
You are considered a disqualified person for the purpose of a municipal election if you are:
- the municipal Returning Officer
- a person serving a sentence in a penal or reform institution
- a person who has been convicted of bribery under the Municipal Elections Act in the six years preceding ordinary polling day
Sessions to Learn More about Local Politics, Running for Election, and Getting Involved in Community Decision Making – a partner project with the Local Government Program, College of Continuing Education, Dalhousie University and African Nova Scotian Affairs