UPDATE -March 16, 2020 9PM
In an effort to curb transmission of COVID-19 in our community and protect the health of municipal officials, the Antigonish County Municipal Office and Public Works Building will be closed to the public effective Tuesday, March 17 until further notice. Services will be provide via phone and online. There is no interruptions to Solid Waste Collection service. If you have any questions or concerns please contact the municipal office at 902.863.1117. We thank all residents for their patience and cooperation as our collective response to this pandemic evolves.
COVID-19 has challenged us in our workplace and in our personal lives. The last few days have been hectic and ever changing. Given recent events we want to ensure the health and safety of our staff and our community. As we enter these uncharted waters, the following measures are being implemented immediately to maintain the health and safety of municipal staff:
- Increased disinfection measures on common and personal surface areas, door handles, glass screens, bathrooms, chair handles etc.
- The door between the lobby and back office will remain closed until further notice; only municipal employees are permitted in the back office.
- The Public Works Building is closed to the public until further notice; only municipal employees are permitted in the public works building.
- The Scale House is closed to the public until further notice; only municipal employees are permitted in the Scale House.
- All in-person meetings are to be changed to phone calls or teleconferences.
- The equipment loan program has been suspended. If you currently have equipment signed out, hang onto it until business resumes as usual.
- Rate-payers are being directed and encouraged to pay bills online and over the phone.
- Applications for recreation jobs are encouraged to be submitted online (firstname.lastname@example.org). If applications come to the building, drop boxes have been placed in the foyer to receive them.
- Applications for Community Partnership Grants are encouraged to be submitted online (email@example.com). If applications come to the building, drop boxes have been placed in the foyer to receive them.
- Gloves and hand sanitizers have been made available to front line staff who will continue to have direct contact with the public.
- When meeting and socializing internally among staff, please observe physical distancing (six-feet) and hand washing protocols.
- The Antigonish Arena will be closed to the public effective tomorrow, Tuesday, March 17, 2020, until April 3, 2020.