Municipality of the County of Antigonish employs the Municipal Clerk Treasurer model of governance and administration. Municipal Council is the ultimate decision maker on all administrative matters and the Municipal Clerk Treasurer is the senior staff person responsible to Council for the administration of the Municipality’s affairs. The Municipal Clerk Treasurer supervises all departments and ensures a collaborative approach by staff to implement Council directives. Supporting the Municipal Clerk Treasurer in this function are the Deputy Municipal Clerk and Administrative Secretary.
Activities of the Administration Department include:
- Providing information, support and guidance to Municipal Council to assist with the administration of the municipality through development and evaluation of strategic directions, policies and priorities
- Leading and managing administrative functions of the municipality
- Guiding implementation of council policies and priorities
- Monitoring all administrative services to ensure a balanced budget
- Ensuring appropriate staffing levels for all departments
- Ensuring accurate records of all council and council committee proceedings, municipal by-laws, policies and other documents are properly maintained; certification of documents as required; file and document management; and keeps the municipal seal.
Glenn Horne – Municipal Clerk/Treasurer
Beth Schumacher – Deputy Municipal Clerk
Joyce Levangie – Administrative Assistant
Tammy Feltmate – Director of Sustainable Communities
Shirlyn Donovan – Strategic Initiatives Co-ordinator