Headed by the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the Municipality of the County of Antigonish administration directs and coordinates the general management of the business affairs of the County, in accordance with the by-laws, policies, and plans approved by Council.
The CAO is the link between Council and municipal staff, and the CAO oversees the day to day operation of the municipality, preparation of reports, policy, budgets and recommendations for Council.
Activities of the Administration Department include:
- Providing information, support and guidance to Municipal Council to assist with the administration of the municipality through development and evaluation of strategic directions, policies and priorities
- Leading and managing administrative functions of the municipality
- Guiding implementation of council policies and priorities
- Monitoring all administrative services to ensure a balanced budget
- Ensuring appropriate staffing levels for all departments
- Ensuring accurate records of all council and council committee proceedings, municipal by-laws, policies and other documents are properly maintained; certification of documents as required; file and document management; and keeps the municipal seal.
Glenn Horne – Chief Administrative Officer
Beth Schumacher – Deputy Municipal Clerk
Joyce Levangie – Administrative Assistant
Tammy Feltmate – Director of Sustainable Communities
Shirlyn Donovan – Strategic Initiatives Co-ordinator