- The Residential Tax Rate will remain at $0.88 per $100 of assessment. This rate has not increased since 2008/09.
- The Commercial Tax Rate will remain at $1.46 per $100 of assessment. The Municipality remains the lowest commercial tax jurisdiction in the Province of Nova Scotia.
- To foster our communities over $300,000 in operating and capital grants have been provided to a wide variety of community based organizations (additional detail provided below).
- The Municipality is financially committed to the required renovations of the Antigonish Arena floor.
- The Municipality will be paving Alex Terrace / Florence Circle in the spring. This is the final municipally owned street requiring paving.
- A new plow is being purchased to ensure the Municipality continues to deliver timely and high-quality snow clearing services on municipal streets.
- The Municipality has partnered in the creation of the Eastern-Strait Regional Enterprise Network, which will coordinate a regional strategy for economic development.
- Funds have been allocated to Strategic Priorities, including: the development of a tourism strategy for the area, exploring options for renewable energy and continued efforts toward the provision of high-quality municipal services.
Tax-bills will be in the mail in the coming days and are due on Friday, July 3, 2015. The development and approval of this year’s budget is the result of significant work on the part of both staff and Council. For a summary of municipal expenditures and grant recipients, please use the link below.